Thursday, March 27, 2008

RSS

creating the Bloglines account and the feeds using favourites was an easy task

coming up with the topics to feed was the challenge, do I have so little interests?
the topics I tried to pull up related to my hobbies were peoples views and accounts - today I did....
I have too much to fit into my day without reading someone elses.

I still cant come to grips with needing to be informing myself with opinions by people I quite frankly dont want to get to know and share ideas with over the web
Another reason to be sitting at the computer instead of getting out there interacting with the world and people on a real interface.

I would rather lie on my back on the grass with my children working out what we see in the shape of the clouds than read the views of a stranger who wants to share his knowledge about the myth of baby poo not smelling! I am still shaking my head - there are no words to articulate my thoughts - its mind boggling. One thing is for sure the web has allowed us all 5 minutes of fame.

Work application, as a source of immediate current information I am sure that RSS is invaluable - if the job descripton allows one time to read it all.

I am a cynic on this one
sorry
just not my thing
I like the quote for the day and the photos from the powerhouse but spare me the rest, please

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

It is necessary to be selective about rss feeds - there is a lot of weird stuff out there. I use it as a skimming tool and I am selective about what I choose to follow.

Ellen