Thursday, February 28, 2008

NSW Public Libraries learning 2

Its with a mixture of excitement and regret that I join the journey of learning 2
It's fun to explore the new depths of cyber space, "to do" what lots of people are doing,
the regret comes from yet another activity in front of the computer.

I wonder where we are going as a human race when we sit for hours - preferring to communicate with each other via a computer, locked away, self absorbed, hiding our true selves - will compassion, kindness and touch be lost and what will it's impact be?

How do I know who you really are? Are you telling me the truth? Why do I need to seek out your thoughts and opinions? Do I need them? How do I know whether to value them?
Unless I can see your face, look into your soul, how will I know if I really do like you? and therefore value what you have to tell me.

but this is an opinion blog I guess
A blog which shares information and facts, a blog which advertises - well that's a whole different question!
What a great way to reach a large number of people. What a great tool for a library!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Hmm - having a blog does not mean leaving everything else you are doing. You can choose how long you spend at the computer. It is interesting to see how people are connecting online and still want the personal interaction - even if it is via a screen and a keyboard.

I will be interested to read your future thoughts on this.

Ellen (PLS)